We’re hiring: Global Citizenship Hub Coordinator – Accra Region
The Melton Foundation is a leading proponent of Global Citizenship practice, promoting and enabling global citizenship as a way for individuals and organizations to work together across boundaries of place and identity to address global challenges. As such, the foundation runs a fellowship and various collaborative programs to empower young people to become ethical leaders with a strong dedication towards sustainable development and (intercultural) collaborations. While globally active, the Melton Foundation has strong roots in the USA, Chile, Ghana, Germany, India, and China.
Are you passionate about Sustainable Development? Are you a team player with a talent for intercultural collaboration? Are you familiar with or interested in remote work in the non-profit space? We’re hiring!
To further strengthen our impact and reach in the Greater Accra region (and beyond), we are looking for a dedicated individual to join our team as regional Hub Coordinator.
Position Title: Hub Coordinator
Location: Accra region, Ghana – working from home or co-work facilities
Salary: Competitive salary depending on experience and education
Role & Responsibilities
- Initiate and/or support activities and partnerships with like-minded organizations in the Accra region (and beyond) such as workshops, hackathons, innovation challenges, intercultural activities, podcasts, etc.
- Develop existing and new relationships with stakeholders in the Greater Accra region (and beyond) who are committed to, youth empowerment, Global Citizenship, and/or the Sustainable Development Goals
- Further the awareness of the Melton Foundation’s work and mission through PR, outreach, communications, marketing, community engagement.
- Support and help coordinate activities by local Melton Fellows and/or the Melton Foundation Program at Ashesi University
- Co-develop strategic direction as well as annual planning and goals for the regional Melton Foundation Hub
- Identify and pursue potential avenues for fundraising/resource development
- Contribute to the global operations of the Melton Foundation, including the organization of online and/or face-to-face events.
- Self-driven entrepreneurial personality with a dedication to making a difference
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English
- Team player
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities
- Ideally already with connections to other NPO in the area and region
- Ability to work with different tech tools, such as Google Suite, MS office and to learn other programs!
- University degree (bachelor or higher, from all fields) desired
Please upload your motivational letter, resume (CV), and at least one reference from previous employers (or similar). Application Deadline: 10th of November 2021. Apply here!
What’s it like to work at the Melton Foundation
In the Melton Foundation, you will form part of a team of currently six people from the USA, Chile, Germany, and India. Our organizational culture is collaborative, horizontal, and results-driven. We are an inclusive employer that values diversity and equity and we do not tolerate any kind of discrimination.
If you have any questions or would like to reach out first, please contact us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.