South Africa: Home to “Born Free”, the Spirit of Mandela and More!
African Campus Search Committee members Susan Steiner and Winthrop Carty were recently in South Africa to visit five potential partner universities in four cities!
- University of Pretoria (Pretoria)
- Rhodes University (Grahamstown)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (Port Elizabeth)
- University of the Western Cape (Cape Town)
- University of the Free State (Bloemfontein)
Despite a whirlwind tour, they got to see far more than the traditional “safaris” and “townships”. Instead, they encountered a New South Africa, with “Born Frees” – students born post-Apartheid – carrying on the spirit of Nelson Mandela, and high enthusiasm for global citizenship wherever they went.
Check out a few of the pictures from their trip and Like our Africa Now page on Facebook to see the latest updates.
Post by MF Africa Now.