We’re hiring: Global Citizenship Hub Coordinator – Bengaluru
The Melton Foundation is a leading proponent of Global Citizenship practice, promoting and enabling global citizenship as a way for individuals and organizations to work together across boundaries of place and identity to address global challenges.
As such, the Foundation runs a Fellowship program with multiple entry points – the Global Citizenship Learning Program, the Global Solvers Accelerator, and various collaborative initiatives to empower young people to become ethical leaders with a strong dedication to sustainable development and (intercultural) collaborations. While our reach is global, the Melton Foundation has strong roots in the USA, Chile, Ghana, Germany, India, and China.
The Melton Foundation has been operating in India since 1992. To further strengthen our impact and reach in the Greater Bengaluru region, we are looking for a dedicated individual to join our team as regional Hub Coordinator.
Are you passionate about Sustainable Development? Are you a team player with a talent for intercultural collaboration? Are you experienced in the non-profit space in Bengaluru, India? We’re hiring!
Position Title: Global Citizenship Hub Coordinator
Location: Bengaluru, India – hybrid work (mostly working from home)
Salary: Competitive salary ranging from 25000 INR – 40000 INR per month, based on candidate experience and CV.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop existing and new relationships with stakeholders in Bengaluru (and beyond) who are committed to youth empowerment, cross-boundary collaboration, social impact, and Sustainable Development Goals.
- Initiate and/or support activities and partnerships with suited organizations in Bengaluru (and beyond) such as workshops, hackathons, innovation challenges, intercultural activities, podcasts, etc.
- Support content creation and curation for Melton Foundation Bengaluru Social Media and digital presence end-to-end.
- Further the awareness of the Melton Foundation’s work and mission through PR, outreach, communications, marketing, and community engagement.
- Help establish and maintain the Melton Foundation Hub as a legal entity in India.
- Support and help coordinate activities organized by local Melton Fellows and/or Melton Foundation Programs at affiliated universities (BMS College of Engineering and BMS Institute of Technology)
- Handle administrative tasks related to Melton Foundation Bengaluru, including identifying potential avenues for fundraising and assisting in grants and reports’ writing, impact documentation, and overall resource development.
- Living in Bengaluru, India.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills in English.
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to determine priorities.
- Self-driven entrepreneurial personality with a dedication to making a difference.
- A high degree of accountability and professional rapport.
- Ability to work with different tech tools, such as Google suite, Slack, and MS office and to learn other programs.
- Experience with Social Media content development and management.
- Basic ability or better in any of the following languages is a strong asset: Kannada, Hindi, and/or any of the main traditional languages of India.
- Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher (from any field)
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years or more of proven track record/experience in the non-profit sector in Bengaluru and India, ideally already with connections to other NPO/NGOs in the region.
You will need to fill in an online application form, to provide us with the necessary information. When completing the form, you will be asked to upload your motivational letter, resume (CV), and at least one reference from previous employers (or similar) – please be sure to have those materials handy when filling out the application form.
- Application Form: https://meltonfoundation.typeform.com/hubcoordblr
- Application Deadline: 1 April 2023
Following the application deadline, a designated selection committee will assess all applications throughout April. Shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for a personal interview (via Zoom) and may be required to participate in an assessment center during the final selection stage.
What’s it like to work at the Melton Foundation
While your work will be focused on the Bangalore region, you will engage with different members of our team from the USA, Chile, Germany, Ghana, and India at different times – making this a truly global endeavor. Our organizational culture is collaborative, horizontal, and results-driven. If you’re a go-getter, the Melton Foundation is a great place for you to thrive.
We are an inclusive employer that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do not tolerate any kind of discrimination. If you have any questions or would like to reach out first, please contact us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Join our diverse, committed, and multi-faceted team, and help us expand our mission of Global Citizenship and intercultural collaboration in Bengaluru. Apply here!