Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Virtual Global Citizenship Week?
The Global Citizenship Week is a 7-day long celebration of Global Citizenship comprising of TownHalls, Ideation Marathons, Panel discussions, intercultural showcases, and much more! It is a convention of global citizenship advocates, experts, practitioners, and passionate youth from around the world, and also the perfect opportunity to take your first step towards experiencing collaborations across boundaries first-hand!
How do I participate?
The Global Citizenship Week is a melange of sessions and interactions. You can choose to participate in one or more sessions. Register for each of them individually. For more information, refer to the Schedule for Global Citizenship Week above!
When is the Global Citizenship Week 2021 scheduled for?
From the 17th to the 25th of April 2021. For a more detailed insight into the daily schedule and timeline, refer to the Schedule section.
Why should I participate?
The Global Citizenship Week provides you a unique opportunity to be a part of a week-long convention where you stand to:
- Learn: Listen, discuss and get new paradigms on pressing local and global issues to prepare your mindset for a multidimensional approach
- Get exposure: Our speakers, presenters, mentors, and panelists, are Global Citizenship advocates, experts, and practitioners who have the key insights and understandings needed to forward Global Citizenship today
- Network: Expand your horizon as you interact, collaborate, and brainstorm with like-minded peers from around the world
- Showcase your skills and talents!
What is the difference between internal and open sessions during the Global Citizenship Week?
Open sessions are open to all members of the community. Our aim is to engage with anyone keen on practicing Global Citizenship and seeing it in action! Anyone looking to take their first step towards becoming a Global Citizen, curious about how to effect change in their local sphere, a social impact leader, and/or anybody who is already a Global Citizenship practitioner is invited to participate in our open sessions!
Internal sessions are reserved for the members of the Melton Foundation. These involve discussions on internal organizational working, team building activities for our Melton Fellows from our different local hubs, and so on!
Do I need to pay any fee to participate?
There is no participation fee for any of the sessions scheduled. We firmly believe in increasing accessibility of resources to people from all socio-economic backgrounds, and stand for inclusivity, diversity, and equity.
If you relate to our organization’s vision and mission and would like to lend a hand, you can support us by making a small donation at meltonfoundation.org/donate.
How can I contribute to the week with my insights on Global Citizenship and personal experiences?
You can participate in multiple activities and engage with open platforms to share, showcase and put your knowledge into practice. Since the theme is “Putting Global Citizenship into Practice”, the week gives you a platform to learn, formulate and implement your ideas on the ground. We believe every individual has unique insights and skills to offer no matter how simple their ideas/actions are!
How can I join and engage with The Melton Foundation apart from the Global Citizenship Week?
You can engage with us through the following routes :
- Join the community: Apply for our Fellowships and become a Melton Fellow! Watch out for our recruitment cycles we initiate each year!
- Partner: We are always open to new partnerships and collaborations with diverse organizations. Our partnerships allow us to reach wider audiences and amplify our impact together! Join us today!
- Get involved with us: Find multiple opportunities and entry points into the Melton Foundation, visit here to learn more.