Call for MF Communications Specialist – apply now
The MF is pleased to announce a new position opening in the MF Executive Office for Communications Specialist. This call is for both SFs and external candidates. Please find below the job description and the candidate requirements
The Communication Specialist will ensure that the online and print content created and disseminated by the Melton Foundation successfully advances its Global Citizenship mission.
The Communication Specialist will work closely with the MF Executive Office and with teams of Melton Fellows to create, edit, and curate online content. He/She will also help develop, design, and disseminate online and print marketing materials. Specific tasks include:
- Create, edit, or design content that stimulates interactivity among the members of the MF network worldwide
- Help develop and design strategic information about the Melton Foundation and Global Citizenship in order to engage and attract partners, sponsors, donors, and other collaborators such as event participants and social media members
- Curate content for the Foundation’s Facebook, Twitter, and other Social Media channels
- Copy edit content created by others in the MF for both internal and external audiences
- Maintain a multimedia library (photos and videos)
- Training and/or at least one year experience in media or marketing communications
- Development/design skills in Web 2.0 environments
- Strong writing and editing skills in English
- Evidence of ability to curate visual content (photos, video, other graphics)
- Experience using Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress, Drupal)
- Experience with Social Media management tools
- Experience with graphic editing software such as PhotoShop
- Track record of being both proactive and collaborative in a distributed team environment.
- Evidence of interest in global issues; experience working across cultures
- Reading-level ability or better in any of the following languages is a strong asset: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hindi, Portuguese, Russian, or Spanish
Hours and Salary:
This is a part time position of between 15 to 30 hours per week. Salary and hours are contingent on the skill/experience level of the selected candidate as well as on local salary ranges.
Anywhere in the world with reliable broadband internet access. Candidate is expected to provide own work space (home, shared office, etc.) and have a computer. We will cover direct costs of connectivity and new software required by the job.
Start Date and Duration:
After 15 April 2012
Minimum 1-year commitment will be expected with strong potential for renewal contingent on work performance and MF needs.
How to apply:
Please email a summary of how your skills, experience, and motivations address the needs outlined by the position. Also please include your CV and samples of your work (links or attachments).
Send the above to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 26 March 2012. Applicants selected for follow up will be contacted after 26 March.