The Melton Foundation is recruiting a Program Coordinator.
Our Global Citizenship Program equips emerging change agents with the skills, experiences, and tools necessary to become effective and ethical leaders, able to collaborate meaningfully and act responsibly with a global picture in mind.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Coordinator will collaborate with Fellows, staff and partner institutions as s/he executes our Global Citizenship Program and maintains our Junior Fellow learning portfolio. The successful candidate will possess a proven ability to train and guide fellows in developing their global citizenship competencies through experiential learning activities online and on-site.
This is a full-time position.
Key component of this position include:
- Implementing, documenting and refining the MF Global Citizenship Program
- Designing, carrying out, and evaluating experiential learning activities and contents online and on-site
- Mentoring and supporting Fellows’ work in project teams or other experiential learning settings
- Building and deepening relations with MF partner institutions as well as internal and external content providers, mentors, and collaborators
- Managing the Fellows’ Learning Portfolio
- Executing timely evaluation and performance review of Fellows actively involved in the Global Citizenship Program
- Supporting recruitment and selection of New Fellows
- Coordinating organization, implementation and documentation of global events produced by the MF, such as the Global Citizenship Conference and the New Fellow Orientation.
- Organizing programmatic relevant field visits, e.g. annual campus visits
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least two years of experience in coordinating learning programs or curriculum
- Advanced-level English language skills
- Creative, entrepreneurial spirit; a natural self-starter
- Evidence of strong teaching, mentoring and facilitation skills, ideally also in online settings
- Proven track-record in areas such as design thinking, intercultural communications, teamwork, project management, impact measurement, ethical leadership, systems thinking, and global citizenship education
- Advanced knowledge about global issues; well versed in global affairs
- Solid experience with event coordination, particularly in relation to content design and experiential learning
- Strategic use of online collaboration tools and techniques, learning platforms and project management applications
- Critical thinking
- Familiarity with communications, esp. content writing and applied social media use
- Strong interpersonal and cross cultural aptitudes
- International experience and prior success working across cultures and in collaborative, distributed teams
- Availability to travel abroad
- Work and/or study related to education, (social) entrepreneurship, personal development, or global issues
- Familiarity with photo and video editing software desirable
- Ability to use and update CMS would be a plus
- Basic ability or better in any of the following languages is a strong asset: Chinese, French, German, Hindi, Mapudungun, Spanish, Twi, or any of the main traditional languages of Ghana or India.
As a member of the MF’s Executive Office, the Program Coordinator should be comfortable in a cooperative, collegial environment. We welcome candidates with broad international exposure, a sense of humor, a willingness to learn, the ability to give and receive positive and critical feedback, and a sense of adventure.
Candidates must be genuinely committed to our mission and should embody global citizenship through prior work, study, and life experiences across geographies and cultures.
They should be able to work independently, be self-organized and possess a high degree of personal accountability for their responsibilities and tasks. Finally, the successful candidate will be expected to travel abroad several times a year for a period of up to two weeks.
We are a networked organization with staff and partner institutions worldwide. The successful candidate for this position will not be geographically limited.
The candidate is expected to provide her/his own workspace (home, shared office, etc.). The Melton Foundation will cover direct costs of connectivity, travel, and software required by the job.
- This is a full time position
- Compensation and benefits negotiable
- Starting date: May 2018, possibly earlier
How To Apply
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
But there are many other ways how to work with us, find out more here!